Thursday, January 6, 2011

Linux on USB 3.0?

By 2009, boasted a few specialty sites that Linux is the first new operating system compatible with USB 3.0 ports on computer. Back then I thought wow, that gonna be crazy with this USB 3.0. Indeed it could be, if I think I just told the transfer rate could reach 5.0 Gbps specifications.

Instead windows at that time said that USB 3.0 will be supported by Windows 7, but only after the appearance of service pack1. And so it happened.

Meanwhile began to produce disks with USB 3.0 devices, newer device's USB 3.0 only and therefore you grab them or to install on these computers. Because I didn linuxuri Stress plus installing from a time when I started I did not hate bootloaderele more complicated to put my linux computer as a parallel operating system and possibly better than Windows. I am pleased that last. Today instead I wanted to put my linux computer. How did this computer has only USB 3.0, so 2.0 pazua old technology I said to try, can the world smarter, doing a live CD, USB stick on which to install Linux.
The guys have created tools to pendrive formatted USB sticks for any Linux distribution and therefore we have taken in hand. None refused to install on USB stick because it's 3.0. Start bootloader has different options, but when you install or kernel panic, or drive not found. So is there any idea that you install Linux on a USB stick using a USB 3.0 chipset only?

You realize that I do not want to look for a CD and give it write or install of windows? Exclusive USB stick.

0 comments

Post a Comment